Mrs.Donna Teal’s Language Arts and Reading Classes
Phone: 843.921.1010 ext. 1109
I hope your child has had a great summer and is ready to start the seventh grade. Our team has a lot planned for this school year. Students will gain a wealth of knowledge about various topics. I look forward to working with you as a partner to allow your child to be successful.
The General Requirements
Students are to:
- Complete homework assignments Monday through Thursday.
- Complete writing assignments.
- Read library books and write responses.
- Take and keep notes in a notebook.
- Follow all classroom rules.
- Complete Daily Language Review and vocabulary homework sheets.
- Be prepared: paper, pencil, notebook, and homework.
- Bring library book to class every day.
- Have planner at all times.
- Homework will be checked on a daily basis. Students will NOT be allowed to go to lockers to get left homework.
- If your child is absent, it is his/her responsibility to make up any work that you missed. He or she has five days from the day returning to make up the work.
- Restroom visits are limited to class change times.
- Brushes, combs, and makeup are not allowed in class. Save it for the restroom. These items will be taken.
Tests-40% Quizzes 5% Homework-10%
Independent Reading activities 5% Class work-40%
Homework assignments are written on the board and explained on the homework hotline every morning before school begins.