Welcome to the 2022-2203 school year. I an honored to be one of your child’s 8th grade teachers. We have an exciting year ahead of us. We will be studying and working on many new and exciting things this year. We will do several types of graded activities each grading period in order to reach your child’s individual learning style. We have very high expectations for your child and will do all that we can to ensure your child reaches those expectations.
- Vital part of practicing and learning math.
- Complete their homework each evening.
- Assigned on the first day of the week and due on Friday.
- Students will have the option of their homework online or on paper.
- All work must be attached, unless they are told differently.
- Graded based on completion and work shown.
- Late homework will be accepted but students will lose points each day.
- Students should ask for missed work the day they return.
- Make up work will not be completed in class unless there is time.
- Students will be allowed one week (5 days) to complete make-up assignments except in cases of prolonged illness.
- Students who miss tests or quizzes must make arrangements with the teacher to make them up.
- Tutoring will be available after school until 3:45.
- I will let you know what afternoon soon.
Students will receive teacher observation each day to ensure that they are on task and understanding the information and following directions. Student grades will be based on various activities and assignments in each class. The following procedure will be used to record student progress:
100-90 A 89-80 B 79-70 C 69-60 D 60-below F
- Composition Notebook
- Loose leaf Paper
- Colored pencils
- Glue Stick
- Earbuds for Chromebook (not wireless or bluetooth)
- Charged Chromebook
- 4-function Calculator or Scientific Calculator (optional)